- Raise Limit for Show Question Details in Quizzes is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would increase the amount of questions that will be displayed. You can vote for this feature now in the Canvas Community.
- K-State Online Classic was retired Jan. 1, 2017 — Instructors no longer have the ability to access K-State Online Classic after Jan. 1, 2017. Instructors who need access to their old content in Classic will be required to submit a request form. On Dec 15, 2017, all information residing in K-State Online Classic will be archived and reside permanently offline. At that time, if instructors need access to the old data, a request form will need to be submitted and it may take several weeks to retrieve the information.
Video to enhance face-to-face and/or online instruction, presence, and interaction
Do you want to learn how to use video in different ways to improve instruction, presence, and interaction in both face-to-face and online instruction? Brent Anders, senior electronic media coordinator, recorded a presentation on how video can be created and used to help with instruction of the course content as well as to help establish and increase instructor presence.
K-State Online Updates
Updates to Canvas were released on May 13. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle, with features added or updated every three weeks. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete May Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
- Color Overlay — The Dashboard Settings drop-down menu allows users to switch between two views: Recent Activity, and Course Cards. When Course Cards is selected, users also have the option to remove the color overlay from any course cards that include an image. This feature allows users to view course cards in the Dashboard according to their personal preference.
- Front Page Individual Setting — In an individual page, the page settings menu supports the Use as Front Page option. This update allows a front page to be set from any individual page.
- Section End Date and Past Enrollments — In the Courses list, the Past Enrollment section displays courses with section end dates.
K-State Online | Home
K-State Online Canvas is the online learning environment for Kansas State University. K-State Online provides integration with KSIS for course and final grade management, a variety of tools and services to connect student and instructors with the variety of options on the web, mobile apps and mobile browser support, as well as the tools and communication options that instructors, staff and students need.