- Inbox Folders is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow you to have the option to create folders to sort messages in the Inbox. Inbox Folders is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
Display Discussion Rubrics by Default is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow rubrics for discussions to be displayed automatically at the bottom of every discussion prompt, just as they are for general assignments. Display Discussion Rubrics by Default is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
- Automatically assign groups within sections of a course is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow Instructors to generate groups and keep those groups in a specific section. Automatically assign groups within sections of a course is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
Add, Create, or Modify a Calculated or Total Column in the Gradebook is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow you to calculate things in the Gradebook beyond adding things up or weighting them. Add, Create, or Modify a Calculated or Total Column in the Gradebook is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
K-State Online Updates
Updates to Canvas were released on August 27. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle through which features are added or updated on the third weekend of the month. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete August Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
- Dashboard Course Images — Course cards on the Dashboard can contain an image as uploaded through Course Settings. Images can be dragged and dropped into the browser window or uploaded from a computer.
- Underline All Links Feature Option — Users can view all Canvas links without having to enable high contrast mode. When enabled in User Settings, this feature underlines hyperlinks in navigation menus, the Dashboard, page sidebars, and text for that user across their courses.
- Calendar Event Edits — After an event has been created, instructors can move the event from one calendar to another.
- Index Page Style Update — The Assignments, Quizzes and Modules index pages includes an updated design. Instead of all assignment data being grouped in columns in the same content line, data has been reorganized for easier readability. No functionality has been affected.
- Individual assignment and module items include a larger icon and additional white space.
- All page content is responsive within a browser window. Assignment names are no longer truncated; long assignment titles wrap to the next line. Module content, such as assignment availability dates, due date, and point value, has been moved below the content item title.
- For instructors, published module items also include a green bar for easier recognition.
K-State Online | Home
K-State Online Canvas is the online learning environment for Kansas State University. K-State Online provides integration with KSIS for course and final grade management, a variety of tools and services to connect student and instructors with the variety of options on the web, mobile apps and mobile browser support, as well as the tools and communication options that instructors, staff and students need.
Kansas State University relied on Classic for more than 15 years as the learning management system for K-State Online. While we have continuously improved this system, circumstances make it no longer feasible for us to continue to do so. K-State Online Classic is now in read-only mode for export and archiving of any needed historical data.