- A new feature request has been suggested to add a tool to check accessibility at the course level in Canvas. Voting is open now, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9958-tool-to-check-accessibility-at-the-course-level so please follow this link and Vote up this feature.
- A new, updated version of Online Teval was released in K-State Online Oct. 2, 2017. If you need help using Teval, read these helpful step-by-step K-State Knowledge Base articles.
- K-State Online Classic and K-State Pro were retired Jan. 1, 2017 — Instructors no longer have the ability to access K-State Online Classic of K-State Pro after Jan. 1, 2017. Instructors who need access to their old content in Classic or Pro will be required to submit a request form. On Dec 15, 2017, all information residing in K-State Online Classic or K-State Pro will be archived and reside permanently offline. At that time, if instructors need access to the old data, a request form will need to be submitted and it may take several weeks to retrieve the information.
K-State Online Updates
Updates to Canvas were released on November 18. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle, with features added or updated every three weeks. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete November Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
- Move-To Menu Sidebar — The Move-To Menu within the Course Settings Navigation page has been changed to a sidebar and displays a nested structure of move options. This change helps improve consistency with other Move-To Menus in Canvas. When a user clicks the Settings menu for a course navigation link and selects the Move-To option, the sidebar menu first asks the user to select the placement of the navigation link. If the Before or After option is selected, the user can select the order of the navigation link compared to other links. The selected menu change is applied immediately in the Navigation page.
- Module Items Duplication — Assignments, graded discussions, and pages can be duplicated within a module. The duplication option is located in the Settings menu for every supported module item. When a module item is copied, the word “Copy” is added to the end of the item name. You will still need to publish the module after it has been duplicated.
- Module Move-To Menu Sidebar — The Move-To Menu within the Modules page has been changed to a sidebar and displays a nested structure of move options. This change helps improve consistency with other Move-To Menus in Canvas.
Video to enhance face-to-face and/or online instruction, presence, and interaction
Do you want to learn how to use video in different ways to improve instruction, presence, and interaction in both face-to-face and online instruction? Brent Anders, senior electronic media coordinator, recorded a presentation on how video can be created and used to help with instruction of the course content as well as to help establish and increase instructor presence.