- A new, updated version of Online Teval was released in K-State Online Oct. 2, 2017. If you need help using Teval, read this helpful step-by-step K-State Knowledge Base articles.
- K-State Online Classic was retired Jan. 1, 2017 — Instructors no longer have the ability to access K-State Online Classic after Jan. 1, 2017. Instructors who need access to their old content in Classic will be required to submit a request form. On Dec 15, 2017, all information residing in K-State Online Classic will be archived and reside permanently offline. At that time, if instructors need access to the old data, a request form will need to be submitted and it may take several weeks to retrieve the information.
K-State Online Updates
Updates to Canvas were released on October 7. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle, with features added or updated every three weeks. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete October Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
- Student Late and Missing Status Labels — The submission details page and student Grades page do not display labels for missing or late submissions. This change reverts the labels for students and helps minimize confusion for students when their instructors create online assignments that can be submitted online or on paper in class. Canvas always marks online assignments as missing when no submission is made.
- Rubric Criterion Range — Rubric criterions can include a point range instead of just an individual point value. This feature is available in both account- and course-level rubrics. When the Range checkbox is allowed and selected, each rating displays a maximum and minimum point value. Ranges are managed the same way as non-range rubrics. Ratings can be divided, edited, and removed individually, and total point value changes automatically adjust for all rating values.
- Publish & Unpublish Icons — The Publish and Unpublish icons in Canvas have been updated in the Instructure icon library. Based on additional user testing of icons, weights, and styles, these icon changes enhance visibility and status clarity.
- DocViewer Delete Icon — In DocViewer, when a user creates an annotation, the Delete icon displays above the annotation. Previously the icon displayed below the annotation, which obscured the annotation content.
Video to enhance face-to-face and/or online instruction, presence, and interaction
Do you want to learn how to use video in different ways to improve instruction, presence, and interaction in both face-to-face and online instruction? Brent Anders, senior electronic media coordinator, recorded a presentation on how video can be created and used to help with instruction of the course content as well as to help establish and increase instructor presence.